BIM, or Building Information Modeling, is a rapidly evolving method that transforms traditional design planning in the construction industry from 2D to 3D environments. These environments understand product relationships, which enable design intent to be more effectively conveyed throughout the design and building lifecycle.
Grundfos’ new BIM offering provides specifiers with a comprehensive library of product-based digital models that can be used to create custom drawings with greater accuracy and system intelligence than ever before. These models have been developed for use by stakeholders throughout the entire life cycle of a building.
A wide range of BIM models
“We have focused on finding the perfect balance between file size, exact geometry and the parameters you need to get the job done as a BIM professional,” says Marcus Christensen Fich, Strategic Business Development Manager at Grundfos.
Grundfos is facilitating the specifier’s transition to BIM by offering a wide range of models. These models match the designer’s common workflow. They are presented logically, mirroring a hierarchical selection process. Models also integrate with building systems by providing piping and electrical connection points for system analytics. The entire library of models is available for a growing number of dominant BIM standards and guidelines used throughout the world
Easily accessible through Revit
Major product lines from Grundfos used in the Building Services sector now have BIM content that are easily accessible from the Grundfos Product Center and through the Grundfos plug-in for Revit. This provides a comprehensive catalogue of product models easily accessible to users, and the list of supported products is growing fast. The models load using a type catalogue, which contains a vast amount of configurations.
“This offering of BIM content will place Grundfos product details directly into the hands of specifiers at the time of design, and also during construction. Grundfos’ BIM offering opens new doors for project specifications, allowing Grundfos products to be embedded into project specifications earlier in design through the power of building information modelling,” says Christensen Fich.
Benefits with Grundfos’ BIM content:
- Each Grundfos product family has its own type catalogue – and some larger families may have multiple catalogues, each containing a portion of the product range.
- Grundfos models contain, as a minimum, exact geometry, electrical and piping connectors and operational conditions.
- Grundfos models are lightweight and efficient; stripped of all unnecessary detail and data. This way the user does not have to deal with an unnecessarily high level of visual detail in the models.
- Grundfos models contain three levels of detail – coarse, medium and fine - catering to different stages of the design and construction process. They all contain the same data - but different geometry.
- Through Grundfos Product Center globally & Grundfos Express in USA, users can download a Revit Type Catalogue, which consists of one RFA file (with the model) and a txt file (with all the data).
Marcus Christensen Fich
Grundfos Strategic Business Development Manager
Global Building Services Segment
(+45) 24 46 78 86
Grundfos for Engineers
Know-how, expert insights and engineering tools to ease your day.
Grundfos for Engineers supports you in specifying pumps and enhances your expertise by delivering industry knowledge and insights on system design, as well as cases, films, tools and more.